Why is it called "The Circle of Life"?

"Wake up, drank. Pass out, drank." Wait wait wait..wrong lyrics. Uhh..let's try again. "And Iiii, Iiiii, Iiii, will alwaaays looovee youu." No no no, that's not it.  "It's the Circle of Life." Lion King. That's what's up! If you're anything like me, music moves you in such a way that cannot be explained and the lyrics lay heavy on your heart. (Not all songs. Just some.) So sometimes, I will just analyze different songs and pick apart bit by bit different songs and see how the phrases apply within my life today. Lion King is a movie that is absolutely incredible, and the songs make me want to move to Africa, so OF COURSE I would analyze the songs! (#NerdLife) So "The Circle Of Life" was up first. First off, we must define life to see what we're circling...oh crap. ABORT MISSION! ABORT MISSION!! I mean, I guess I could define some subcategories that lead up to what life is...life is: crazy, wild, fun, fantastic, confusing, difficult, incredible, and sheer joy. Alright, so that's pretty much as far as I could possibly get myself in defining life. Now, why a circle? Why can't life just be a straight-line journey to the end? What causes the circle? Is the circle just the "good things" of life, or is it everything combined?  Mainly, are WE the cause of the circle of the negative things within our life? Why are the negative things a circle? If they're negative and they hurt us, you would think experiencing it one time would be plenty, wouldn't it? If you have an addiction to a substance and it does nothing but tear your family apart and instead of numbing the pain you're looking to get rid of, it only makes it worse, WHY keep returning to the pain? Abusive relationships. You and I both know people who stayed in them faaar too long. I know the emotions, first hand. Everything goes great (because you're ignoring the warning signs), you fall for them (who you want them to be, or who you think they are), theeeen things go down, fast. It tears you apart emotionally, your loved ones are affected, and even after you get out of the trap that was called a "relationship", you still have a difficult time. You still "love" them months and months after. You don't talk to them. You can feel yourself becoming stronger. Then, something happens, and you end up calling them. Then the circle starts all over. It turns into a seemingly hopeless situation that makes absolutely no sense and you can't explain it, other than "It numbs the pain", "I love them", or whatever your circle might be. For those that know me better than others, you know I've had a few small negative circles in my life, and for those that have heard my story, they ask "How did you stop ___?" And I had to stop and ask myself, how did I? How did I break the circle that I knew was not pushing me toward happiness in this life? I guess I don't have a solid answer, other than I stepped back and said "Alright, I've learned _____ lessons from this situation, and now it's time to let the situation go. No matter how difficult, perseverance must be implemented, and you must resist the temptation to follow the negative circle within your life."

I was once told, happiness is a choice. It is. So, if you choose happiness, you are choosing to take the first step in breaking the circle.


"It's the Circle of Life
And it moves us all
Through despair and hope
Through faith and love
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding
In the Circle
The Circle of Life"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pure Self

Why I Almost Walked Away.

The Anthem.