Love?

"Where was love?" I asked myself as I trekked along a trail here recently. You see, I had come to this park expecting to hike about a mile or two, and brought enough water for such. Once I arrived, I decided I wanted to tackle the longer trail..Which wasn't the brightest idea, since I was just growing healthy after being sick for a week, so I was very exhausted, but hey, live a little, right?

I trekked this trail that seemed to never end with many twists, dangerously slim places, and turn arounds (for my sense of direction is sub-par). With each step I took, I thought "What is love?" I had found myself to be in adoration with this view of the pretty, perfect love. The kind of love you see in Disney movies. However, as I've discovered (especially this past semester) love is anything OTHER than what we want to picture it as. Love is messy. Love is not just based upon the statement of "I believe!" No, love changes you. Love makes you grow in areas you never imagined would change. Love challenges you in ways that make you question if it's really worth pursuing. I then thought about the origin of love, and the picture of the cross flooded my mind. My heart was broken. This concept that I all too often overlook and take advantage of, which is that of love, was rooted in Abba. Where was love? Love was right there. Love is right here. And love is to come. This love blows through the caverns of your soul as the Holy Spirit falls afresh on you, waking you from your dead slumber. This love causes you to melt in His presence. God paved the way for relationship with Him through the cross.

Rise up in this Love, for He is risen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pure Self

Why I Almost Walked Away.

The Anthem.