in response to chaos, pt II. Lawrence&Las Vegas

I stare at the keys, trying to think of something profound as the red hot tears are streaming down my face.
I glance over at my open bible, wondering why I can't find the answers.
I ask of God once again, "Help me to understand why."
I weep in the middle of my apartment floor as I read stories of survivors, see pictures of those that didn't survive, and then when I realize that I've seen the name of the shooter much more than the names of those that perished.

Friends, I wish I had the answers. I've read every article out there about the profile of the shooter, I've tried to piece things together, I've watched the videos of the shooting starting over, and over, and over again.
I've watched the videos of the frantic crowd trying to escape, but not being able to.
Folks, I have sat in this sorrow all day, and have burrowed myself into the confusion.

I've come to the conclusion, that we don't have a human conclusion with this scenario. Will we ever know why? Probably not. (Unless a family member or someone comes forward/perhaps a note is found.)
Can we obsess over the details we know, and try to make sense of terror? We can, however, that would be utter torture.

I've come to the conclusion, that the only conclusion in this is the incarnate, shepherding, weeping heart of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pure Self

Why I Almost Walked Away.

The Anthem.