Suffering to Glory

Decisions to be made that would alter the course of my future entered my life in rapid fire fashion.
Life was rushing by me, and I couldn't get out of bed.
I needed only to rest in His presence, but I wanted only to rest in my own.
In triage mode in the day-to-day, thinking "survive. Simply, survive."

Surviving moved to thriving as I boldly walked out of this metaphorical triage unit, proclaiming victory.
I sat at His feet and drank from the cup in His hand.
I was no longer bound by the bed as I was embracing every aspect of life that presented itself.
The decisions that are made are Spirit-Driven.

In the midst of suffering, our phrase of "I hope this gets better" is not a passive act. Rather, hope is expectant of days of greater glory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pure Self

Why I Almost Walked Away.

The Anthem.