The Shift->Intense Focus

Do you ever have those moments of being so overwhelmed by joy, that words are difficult to find?
Do you ever find yourself being confused because the chaos of life has hit you harder than it ever has, yet you are so at peace that it doesn't begin to make sense?

Then, do you enter those moments where BIG pieces of your life seems to be shifting, and you want to love it, but you're finding it difficult to do so?
Do you ever have all these moments all at once?
Currently what's happening in my life.
These past couple of months, significant relationships in my life have shifted immensely, strange scenarios have happened, my prayers have been answered, and some of the most joyous yet draining events have occurred.

I can handle that, right? I mean, I'm Ashton Paige Mason, the fearless redneck.

I'm the first one that says "hey, take a video of this. This'll be good." as I commence to do something that will probably cause myself pain. I'm the first one to have crazy ideas. I'm the activator of plans. I just...do stuff, right? You know those people. I handle stuff and get it done. That's just me.

However, I've found that in the midst of this chaos in my life (some really good chaos, some chaos that makes me question the point of community altogether), that some things that I was so sure of seem to be shifting.

I was certain that I would be working with inner city teenagers that are bound by sex trafficking.
I was certain that I would never work in a church building beyond college.
I was certain that I would not be married.
I was certain that I would never enter the medical field.
I was certain that particular friendships I had would be lifelong.

Man, was I wrong.

Recently, I've developed a dream to one day be a wife and a mom.
I've pondered the idea of entering the medical field.
And, I've redefined friendships that were toxic.

Mainly though, not at all to my own doing by any means, my calling seems to have shifted from inner city teenagers that are bound by sex trafficking. I'm finding that I'm not supposed to be on the front lines of fighting sex trafficking. Slowly but surely, I'm hearing God's gentle whisper to be open to working within a church building to train others as we go out together to make disciples of all nations. As I'm growing deeper and deeper with this new church family, the idea of working within a church building is becoming more and more real to me.

As these shifts are occurring, my focus is more intense now than ever.
I'm asking Dad to speak so quietly that I have to be so attuned to the Spirit to hear what He might be saying.
I'm eliminating unnecessary distractions in my life to be able to focus on the ministry I've been appointed to at this time.

More than anything, I'm saying Abba, take this. Take this life, hear these prayers, be present.

"I don't want to talk about You like You're not in the room. I want to look right at You. I want to sing right to You."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pure Self

Why I Almost Walked Away.

The Anthem.