The Giants Have Fallen

"Only through Christ are we victorious" is the phrase that kept running through my head and completely overtook my prayers a year ago, to the day. For so long, I tried to do it on my own, potentially including God a little here and there. Every single time I got up close and personal with the giant in my life, the overwhelming addiction that I fought for 7 years, it was much more than I could face. "I can never do this" I told myself over and over again as for 7 LONG years I fought to no end, leading to exhaustion and questioning what else to do. I tried counseling, meetings, nothing seemed to work for more than a couple of months or so.

God finally gave me a smack across the face whenever He revealed to me that I would struggle with this for the rest of my life if I didn't completely surrender this giant in my life. He continually showed me that healing was possible, if I wanted it. Time and time again, I asked for healing from this, however, I asked for healing on my terms. God asked me if He could have this. God asked me if I wanted Divine healing or earthly healing, and as scary as it was, Divine healing sounded much better.

You see, the thing is, is that God is an INFINITE God. The other thing is, is that we all have giants in our lives. Whatever it is, be an addiction, pride, shame, poor self-image, gossip; whatever it may be, we all have something that when we get up close and personal, it's much greater than we are able to handle. It's so huge that we can't see the extensive ways of the giant, therefore, it overwhelms our lives. Our infinite God says "HAH. That's nothing. Let's do this."

God desires to overtake the giants in your life, God doesn't want you to fight alone. This is my first birthday of victory and freedom, and let me tell you, I don't desire for that giant to enter into my life EVER again.

So, I want to see the giants in your life crumble under our mighty God. How about you?

*If you're fighting the giant in your life and feel stuck, please, message me. Let's talk. We are meant for intimacy within community. Let's do this together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pure Self

Why I Almost Walked Away.

The Anthem.